If you’ve wondered why an audiobook would be a good investment of your time, money, and energy right now, think about this:
- Audiobooks are the fastest growing segment of the digital publishing market.
- Today, 1 out of every 10 books sold is an audiobook.
- There are more than 100,000 audiobooks published each year.
- In 2017, audiobooks = $2.8 billion dollars in U.S. market.
- Market is growing 21-25% per year.
- Amazon controls more than 41% of the audiobook market.
How many of these people are your prospective clients, customers, or donors that you’ve wanted to reach? Today, it is easier than ever to publish an audiobook to reach a whole new audience you may be missing while adding to your professional credibility at the same time. I know that many people feel the last thing they need is another project to do in order to market your business and reach more customers.
AUDIOBOOKS ARE FOR AUTHORS WHO WANT TO CHANGE THE WORLD
For authors creating a movement with their content or message, audiobooks help you reach more audience who may not otherwise experience your work. They hear your voice and message and resonate with the content you provide via vocal interaction.
WHY AUDIOBOOKS ARE SO POPULAR
Audiobooks are more popular than ever since your audience can listen to them anytime anywhere with very little effort. Whether it is in the car, on the way to or from the office or grocery store, when exercising in the gym or walking outside, audiobooks are the plug-n-play medium you want to be available on to your listeners.
HOW TO PREPARE FOR YOUR AUDIOBOOK PUBLICATION – THE CHECKLIST
Here are a few important elements to have in place when preparing to publish your audiobook:
- FINAL VERSION. Your book manuscript should be either published already or have a professional edit completed so it is in its highest and best form and ready to publish.
- THE VOICE OF THE BOOK. Decide if you want to be the voice of your book or if you would prefer to cast a voiceover talent for your project.
- FINANCES. Budget for the expense of hiring a professional audiobook services company that can help you not only record and edit the audiobook for you but also publish it and distribute it on multiple platforms – paid platforms where it is offered for sale.
- TIME REQUIRED. Consider when it is the right time for you to spend the time needed to record your audiobook. If you work with a professional audiobook services company, you will most likely need a series of 90-minute timeslots in your calendar to record however many words and chapters you have in your book. The amount of time is in short spurts. It will be required if you are the voice of your book. Alternatively, if you cast a voiceover talent to record the book, you will still need to budget time to review each recording before it is published.
- MARKETING OPPORTUNITY. Releasing an audiobook is just like releasing a paperback version after the hardcover book has been out for a bit. It provides you with another opportunity to get your book, message, and content in front of readers – and listeners. Leverage this chance to increase your marketing and the reach of your platform.
As the statistic above shows, today one out of every ten books sold is an audiobook. The statistics continue to show the value of an investment in creating the audiobook version of your book. Like any other book release, plan to make the most of your audiobook release. Have another launch party! Make a fuss! There is a whole new audience just waiting to listen to your book.
All you have to do now is …record and publish it!
LET’S TALK ABOUT YOUR AUDIOBOOK
Ready to talk with an audiobook services company that can help you bring your dream of your own to life? Let’s talk! Take a few minutes to complete this brief Consultation Application. We will follow up with you to schedule a free consultation to connect to discuss the next steps for making your audiobook a reality.
Jennifer S. Wilkov is a multi #1 international best-selling award-winning author, an award-winning freelance writer and a well-respected book and business consultant at the company she founded – Your Book Is Your Hook! She loves to help writers use audiobooks as a top tool to increase their sales and market reach.