Who do you talk to about your book idea or project?
Your family, friends and colleagues are not in the industry so you can’t ask them, just like if you want to be financially successful – you wouldn’t ask a homeless person. If you want to successfully write, market and publish a book, maybe make it a bestseller, and perhaps even take it all the way to Hollywood – then you’ll want to learn from someone who has actually done it and, even better, who specializes in helping other writers just like you to do it too.
Jennifer knows what you should do to get published, whether you traditionally publish with an agent, self-publish or electronically publish (e-publish), and what you should do to get an agent, market your book better or even take it to Hollywood. She will educate you about how the industry works and provide specific direction for your best next steps based on where you are today with your project.
- don’t know the process
- don’t have time to go to trainings, conferences, seminars or weekend workshops
- don’t know which conferences, trainings and seminars to go to for your type of book
- don’t know what to do but you have a great book idea or concept
- don’t know why you’re getting rejected by agents
- don’t know the publishing process
- don’t know what a platform is or how to build an effective one for me
- don’t know why my platform isn’t making money so I thought I’d write a book
- or don’t know what you’re doing wrong with your book
Who are you turning to for these answers? Do they really know the industry? Have they already been successful in it and are they already a bestseller themselves? You don’t have to go through the trial and error with publishing methods, literary agents, editors, ghostwriters, and others.
Jennifer is the person who can guide you through all of these situations and set your feet on the right path for your book. She knows what you don’t know, and can educate you and advise you so you can succeed.
How is Jennifer qualified to help you?
Learn more about Jennfer, her training and experience on the Meet Jennifer page »»
What is Jumpstart Your Book?
Jumpstart Your Book is a 1-hour, one-on-one consulting call with Jennifer in which she gives you guidance and support, providing the specific information you’d like to better understand about publishers, agents, the publishing process, promotion and the platform.
Whether it’s a brainstorming, evaluation or assessment session, she can discuss your book idea, platform, book marketing, book proposal, query letter, book publishing, e-publishing, getting a literary agent, working with a ghostwriter or editor, promotion, public relations or anything else related to your book, and answer your questions and clarify any concerns or conflicting information you’ve found during your own research. She will also educate you about the industry and help you to determine your best next steps.
Other topics of discussion can include:
- the pros and cons of each publishing option
- the best ways to prepare for a productive partnership with a literary agent and publisher
- suggested ways to organize your efforts for marketing and promotion
- realistic expectations for what it will take to actually write, produce, market and publish your book
- guidance and suggestions for how to market and promote your books to reach the reading audience you’re seeking
- how to find and build great alliances with organizations, sponsors, endorsers, and others for your novel or nonfiction book (which require different marketing strategies)
- how to prepare to best leverage your intent to attend BEA (Book Expo America), other writers’ conferences you may want to focus on attending
- answers to any and all of the questions you have about any facet of the process
and much more…
How Jumpstart Your Book Works
The consulting session is scheduled in advance and is conducted via recorded telephone conference line. The replay is provided to you for your reference in an mp3 file so you won’t need to get caught up in taking notes during our conversation.
Jennifer will also provide you with a recap via email including the highlights of your discussion points, any links to resources discussed, and suggestions/recommendations shared so you can also refer to this as often as desired.
Jennifer will also share any further consulting services that may be appropriate if you’d like to pursue working with her further as a consultant for you and your project. You may also contact her for clarification after the call for up to 30 days to clarify anything we have discussed.
Your call must be scheduled first. This is not an on-demand service. There is preparation involved so the time you and Jennifer spend together in the JumpStart conversation will be as productive for you as possible.
To me, Jennifer, you were the missing piece. Maybe like most creative folks, my mind is not neatly organized or sequentially ordered. It’s a mess. You brought order and clarity to the process of getting from where I am to where I want to go through a quick response, thoughtful critique and a true sense of caring about my work and my career. Thank you.”
Author of the Bill Hiccock ‘Thrillogy’
Are You Ready to Get Started?
Fill out Jennifer’s Client Application to Apply Now!